Share the Love of Fleur de Lis
Updated: 6 days ago
Read on for some exciting news and how Sharing the Love of Fleur de Lis is win-win for all!
Depending on where you may live, winter may be looking and feeling very different than it usually does! With a recent cold snap, it certainly feels like winter in New England, but there just isn’t much white! Before we know it, there will be lots of green AND warm temperatures greeting us on Laurel Lake. We are counting the days!
Do you remember how you first learned about Fleur de Lis? Maybe you attended a camp fair, or found us on social media? Maybe it was a friend who attended camp and came home excited to share it with you. Perhaps your sister, mom, or grandmother went to camp, and they couldn’t wait to pass along this tradition to you. Was it a family friend or colleague that told you how much their daughter loved camp? When I was 11 years old, and my sisters were 10 and 12, the camp director at the time was Sue Curry Barnett, and she worked in the same school as my dad. She told my parents about Fleur de Lis, and the rest is history – we were enrolled that summer of 1976, and that is when my love of Fleur de Lis began.
Maybe this will be your first summer at camp, and we can’t wait to welcome you! Maybe you have a friend that would like to join you at camp this summer? If you have already been to camp, worked at camp, or have a daughter or granddaughter at camp, you know what it means to love camp. Perhaps you have experienced it yourself or seen it in the face of a loved one. The feeling of driving up the camp road on opening day, the walks on the camp road, singing in the dining hall, jumping in the lake, the friendships, the opportunity to just be yourself, try new things, and build your confidence; the laughter, the tears, the life-changing experience. I remember friends telling me there was something different about me, in a good way. I know it was the Fleur de Lis factor. It was a gift from Sue and my parents, that just keeps giving.
Ever since Covid entered our lives and forced us to close camp in the summer of 2020 for just the second time in our 93-year camp history, we have been working hard to fill our camp again. We have 87% of campers returning this summer which is amazing! We are excited to have many new families joining us, and some because of YOU telling another family about this wonderful place. We are so grateful to you.
You may be wondering how you can be a part of it all! I am writing to invite you to join our Share the Love of Fleur de Lis challenge. When you Share the Love, it is win-win for you, for our enrolled campers, and for Fleur de Lis! We are here to tell you about this exciting new venture and how you can join in Sharing the Love of Fleur de Lis.
What’s in it for me?
· Everyone gets one of our Share the Love stickers (enclosed)! Water Bottle, Computer, so many options! Stay tuned on Instagram & Facebook for more about a contest!
· If you are a current family and refer a new camp family who enrolls for a 2023 session, you will get $500 off your tuition! This discount will apply for each referred camper who enrolls.
· If you are an alum or family without eligible campers and refer a new camp family who enrolls for a 2023 session, you can pass along this discount to another family for $500 off their tuition!
· Anyone who refers a new enrolling camper, will receive a 2023 Share the Love T-shirt and an entry to win a grand prize of a free 2 or 3.5-week session of camp! We will have drawings for other fun prizes as well. For alums and families without eligible campers, you can gift this session to a family!
· Campers will receive their t-shirts upon arrival at camp!
Other ways to share the love:
· Some workplaces have places that post summer opportunities for their employee’s children – check it out and we’re happy to supply information and photos to help you Share the Love at your workplace.
· Sharing, commenting on, and tagging friends on our social media posts.
· Hosting an event in your home, with our help!
· Posting in community or parenting newsletters, PTO, and community message boards.
· Print, share, and/or post the NEW flier available on our website at family-friendly businesses (with permission of course!) such as dentist, dance studio, etc.
· See our Events tab on our website for upcoming fairs and virtual info sessions you can share with friends.
Word of mouth is one of the most powerful ways to let people know about what an incredible place Fleur de Lis is, because you are sharing from the heart. We are so grateful to all of you for being in our community, and for sharing your love of camp with others. We are excited to see what 2023 brings as we make it possible for more girls to experience camp. Please join us in Sharing the Love of Fleur de Lis!
Molly Couch Ward